Tuesday 22 October 2013

Teahouse Foundation Planning

Starting off with the layout, I had intended my teahouse model to be small, thus I chose a 4.5 tatami mat layout. After alot of reasearch, I found a building plan to work off of from one of the books I had borrowed from the East Asian Studies library. The layout I chose is quite simple, with a tokonoma and a mizuya.
This is an image of the teahouse apart of a
 larger complex.
Images of the walls of the teahouse, including
measurements. 

Some foundation images I had found online, there were not a lot of foundation details in the books, mostly about layouts. This was my starting point to the construction, the structure of the model is important in determining how sturdy the teahouse will be afterwards.


The attaching of the beams is very detailed, but I'm
likely to employ easier methods with foamcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment