Tuesday 22 October 2013

Process of Planning


To start on this project, I first headed to the East Asian studies library and picked up a few books on traditional teahouses. The difficulty of this task was trying to find the specific books I needed on construction and not tourist attractions or of historical significance. Most of these books were written in Japanese, thus it took a bit of effort to interpret the construction images and their captions. 

Very useful books on elements of construction
I was lucky to find.
If I had more time, I would have attempted
to put my teahouse on a lake?



Next thing to do is to gather the necessary materials and tools: foamcore, coloured paper, tracing paper, plastic sheeting, rulers, X-acto knife, tape, white museum board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment